Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Cheap Mocha Latte

Back in our DINK (double-income no kids) days, I got accustomed to drinking mocha frappocino by Starbucks, almost every morning. It started with an occasional visit to the Starbucks near our home, then hubby found the bottled version at BJs and surprised me with a case of them. Before long it was a habit, an addictive habit.

Then, we had kids. What had been a wonderful induglence, I quickly realized was a luxury that just didn't fit the budget. So, I found a cheaper version... this time it was adding International Delight's Chocolate Caramel creamer to my home-brewed cofffee each morning.

Then, we moved. And I could no longer find my beloved creamer. None of the stores in our new town carried the flavor I loved. I made several reqeusts at several local stores, but to no avail.

So, I came up with a new plan:
1 cup coffee + 1 splash of whole milk + 1 squirt of chocolate syrup =

One mocha-latte

My version is really good and a whole lot cheaper than buying Starbucks, even the bottled version. It works for me.

4 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I do that A LOT! I want some right now lol. But I probably wouldn't sleep tonight.
Yum.
Kim

Kim said...

I do that too but usually use hot chocolate powder instead. We call the Cafe Mochas.

Unknown said...

I have made these using both the syrup and HM cocoa mix. Both are yummy!

Unknown said...

Good idea!