Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Beginning of the Journey

Frugal:
1.economical in use or expenditure; prudently saving or sparing; not wasteful: a frugal manager.
2.entailing little expense; requiring few resources; meager; scanty: a frugal meal.

So, where does one begin? How does one begin to be frugal? What makes you decide to begin the "Journey to Frugal"? For me, it was the reality of too much month at the end of the paycheck combined with increasing prices for every basic need. I don't think we have been in the habit of living a luxurious lifestyle by any means. But, certainly we've made some less than frugal decisions along the way. So some time ago I began to focus more of my energy on using less expense, fewer resources to provide for the needs of our family. I've really just begun the journey. I've discovered that there are many more out there, further along that path. I see them up ahead establishing markers along the path, encouraging new pilgrims to join the journey. I find this encouraging. They provide suggestions, wisdom, and a host of ideas for how to be more frugal. As I continue along this journey, I'll introduce you to some of them.

I'm looking forward to the journey. I hope to meet you there soon.

No comments: