Monday, April 28, 2008

CVS Bought $54, Paid $0.64


I had a great day at CVS yesterday with their ECBs (Extra Care Bucks). Even though I had to take my children with me I decided to go ahead and make the trip because some of my coupons were going to expire yesterday.

The total for everything above came to $53.80 plus tax. But thanks to many coupons and a VERY generous cashier I only paid $0.64!! My CVS was out of the extended release acetiminophen which gave $3.69 ECBs, so the cashier volunteered to "coupon it off"! I wasn't expecting this, but am very grateful.

I used
  • $3.69 couponed off by cashier
    3 $1/1 Scotchbrite scrubber coupons
    2 $3/ Post-it Flag coupons
    4 $2/1 Bic Soliel coupons
    2 $10/$50 CVS coupons
    1 $3/$15 CVS coupon
    $10.29 ECBs
Which left me with just $0.64 OOP (out of pocket). Whooo Hoo! Yeah CVS!

I am really still a newbie at doing the deals at CVS. I am rarely able to completely work out my purchases ahead of time becaue our CVS is small and frequently runs out of things giving ECBs or doesn't carry all the items listed in the Sunday insert. So, when I get a deal like this once every 3-4 weeks I get really excited!

Blogging Note: Someday I'll figure out how to link to some of the coupons I use as well as back to MoneySavingMom.com so that you can take advantage of these as well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here I am! Another Marylander....just here to check out your blog!

Unknown said...

And here I am--Sharon from the money saving mom shoppers post! I'm in Crofton and am a newbie to couponing and CVS but am really addicted. I'm doing great with CVS deals but am still trying to work the best grocery shopping deals out. Where are you both doing the majority of your grocery shopping?

SH said...

I plan on having a new post up tomorrow. I'm like you sharon - I'm beginning to get addicted to CVS, but am finding it harder to make really good deals at the grocery store. Tomorrow I'm going to try my first real deal at Walgreens, planning to try and roll some Register Rewards. We'll see how it goes.