Monday, May 5, 2008

Grocery Store Preference

I live in Eldersburg, Maryland. We're sort of a large town -- about 20,000 people I think. In some ways, it's sort of an odd place to live at times. Few people actually work in this community. They mostly commute to Baltimore or to D.C. But they come home to Eldersburg. We have three grocery stores within a 6 minute drive:
My personal favorite is Martin's. It's large with lots of selection (better than Food Lion) and has good prices, sometimes really good prices (much better than Safeway). All the other local chains are at least a 20-30 minute drive, which kind of defeats the purpose of looking for deals. We do have a Shopper's Food Warehouse that is being built. I believe it's scheduled to open in the Fall. I'm not a big fan of shopping at multiple stores, I find it to be time consuming. But, as Shopper's has a reputation for good deals I'll definitely be checking it out.

What is your favorite grocery store in Maryland?

No comments: