Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cheap Shake N Bake


Today I'm posting the recipe I recently came up with for a homemade "Shake 'N Bake" chicken coating. I was inspired by a recipe found in "The Tightwad Gazette" but, have changed it sufficiently, that I feel I can claim it as my own.

  • 1 cup homemade bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup unbleached flour
  • 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup wheat germ (can be left out to be even cheaper)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 T paprika
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 2 T vegetable oil

Mix well. Use just like you would "Shake 'N Bake". Store indefinitely in the refrigerator in a covered container.

This version is a whole lot cheaper than the store-bought variety.

For more Kitchen Tips go to Tammy's Recipes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea we know what is going in to it.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

suzuki s83 enterprise car rental rochester ny borchardt car car diecast nhra heinkin mini