Monday, September 1, 2008

Kitchen Tip Tuesday


Today's Kitchen Tip I originally got from an issue of Cook's Country and morphed into my own.

This is my method of keeping track of kitchen sponges: When I get out a new sponge it is used strictly for washing dishes. When it gets a bit stained/icky, I clip two corners and it gets demoted to the counters. When it gets even ickier, I clip the last two corners and it is demoted again - this time to the floor. When I started doing this, suddenly my husband was able to remember which sponge to use where - and that means my "dishes sponge" doesn't get used on an icky floor mess!

Another tip about sponges - did you know they can be washed/sterilized in your dishwasher?! This tip from a friend has lengthened the use of my sponges and saved me lots of money on sponges.

For more Kitchen tips go to Tammy's Recipes.

5 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Thanks for the kitchen tips on sponges. Great idea on clipping them, too!

Anonymous said...

I like that!!!

Veggiemomof2 said...

That reminds me of a Home Improvement episode where Jill was trying to explain the difference in sponges to Tim. He told her if it was complicated, he'd just leave it for her.

Anonymous said...

Great tip! I will be doing this today!
Toni

Amy said...

I LOVE this idea! I know my hubby is not listening when I explain to him what different sponges are for.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and your helpful comments. I am going to set up a meeting with his teacher to see if I can tape a checklist to his desk. I think the visual reminder would be great for him.

Thanks again,

Amy